Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love Survivor - Love Perpetrator


You say you miss me
Yet you leave me in the park
Like so much litter
Not even worth bending over to pick up
I am much, much more valuable than that
You say you love me
Yet you use abusive words
Angry words
Hateful words
You say:
“ Fuck you you’re demonic”
Thus you cast your spell
When invited to overcome this
You say no … no not … it’s not … and
Blame me
I am much, much more astute than that.
You and I spend hours together
I speak the truth
I tell you exactly what is going on with me
As far as I can know … at that given point                                                  
Immediate with my thoughts, feelings, and perceptions
You seek others’ opinions about me
They don’t even know me
Have not spent even 5 minutes with me
You rely on their words
You interact with me based on their perceptions
I am much, much more authentic than that
You say you are this and
You are that
Yet I see blond  wigs
Boudoirs photos
Your cousin … the beard
Moncia’s brother
Laura’s date  …
Which was discreetly confided to me on Valentine’s day
Red coat … green coat
I am much much more perceptive than that
You say you love me
I guess you did not know
I have been writing poetry since my teens
Even been published
Yet, I am
Much
Much more
Than that
I lack empathy
I almost didn’t write this.

Copyright 2013 Fred Celio

No comments:

Post a Comment